According to Zack Snyder‘s rep, the director is not working in any project that involves the Star Wars universe. At least, not right now.
The filmmaker’s rep has issued a statement dismissing a Monday report that originated in the New York Magazine’s Vulture blog, which claimed that the “300” and “Watchmen” director was preparing a “Seven Samurai” (1954) – inspired “Star Wars” spinoff. Not only is that report not true, the rep said, but Snyder won’t be directing any of the planned films in the franchise’s final trilogy.
However in an exclusive statement to THR, Snyder’s rep says, “While he is super flattered because he is a huge fan, Zack is not involved in any way with the new ‘Star Wars.’ He is currently in post on his two films, ‘Man of Steel‘ and ’300: Battle of Artemisia.’”
When Disney acquired Lucasfilm in late 2012. The studio quickly announced their plans for a final “Star Wars” trilogy – consisting of “Episode VII,” “Episode VIII” and “Episode IX”. The studio is in the process of choosing a director/ or directors the make those chapters happen.
So far Michael Arndt, the Oscar-winning director of “Little Miss Sunshine,” who also wrote “Toy Story 3,” “Brave” and the upcoming Louisiana-shot sci-fi film “Oblivion” with Tom Cruise, has been brought on as a screenwriter.