In the recent 7 years, remakes and comic based movies has centered the blockbuster list. It’s no surprise that movies or tv shows based on superheros has topped the ratings as well as the box office. Productions like The Avengers, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, X-men, Batman demand a high investment but with the difference that they assure high profits.
Jeff Robinov – President of Warner Bros.
There is also the issue that the company responsible for this trend is Marvel Comics. A mother project like The Avengers which linked 4 other families of film productions and a rumor of a SHIELD Tv Show has actually build a reputation of excellency. Not all the companies can do that and DC Comics/ Warner Bros have to pay the price for previous projects.
It is known that there are the intentions for producing a Justice League Project, in which superheros like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and The Green Lantern will be summoned. This will happen if ‘Man of Steel’ soar its way off into theaters on June, 2013 according to Warner Bros President Jeff Robinov.
Failed projects like ‘The Green Lantern‘ in 2009 and starred by Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively as well as ‘Superman Returns‘ in 2006 starring Brandon Routh and Kate Bosworth, have put the producers to be extremely careful with Superman upcoming remake.
Producers, critics and audience will have an eye on June,2013 because if ‘Man of Steel‘ doesn’t work there will be no Justice League in 2015.
Justice League movie is Warner Bros. most biggest project, when Darkseid was revealed as the villain of the film lots of rumors began to circulate. Recently two stories started to gain weight in the media and social networks, we are talking about the villain and the plot of the film. However Warner Bros. has not confirmed any of this.
Here are the details regarding the characters and the team for the film, which were spread by Cosmic Book News.
“• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character. (actor: Henry Cavill apparently)
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn’t really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written. (actor: unknown)
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man’s world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie. (actress: unknown)
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold’s character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone. (actor: Ryan Reynolds – rumored)
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious. (actor: unknown)
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign. (actor: unknown)
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film. (actor: unknown)
• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance. (actor: unknown)
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo. (actor: unknown)
• Darkseid‘s Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.”
Most of these are already a given for the individual characters and this is the first that we’re hearing of Aquaman and Martian Manhunter appearing in the big screen. Treat these words as a rumor for now the only ones sure to appear are Batman and Superman. Time will tell.
So far there is no director currently attached to the film, but Will Beall (Gangster Squad) is writing the script.
The 2015 is already shaping up to be an epic year, with Marvel‘s Sequel The Avengers 2 and DC’s Justice League tentatively set to arrive that summer. Little has been confirmed for Justice League, which is being written by Will Beall (Gangster Squad). A new report has surfaced today that reveals which superheroes will be present in this massive ensemble, including Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern. Everything indicates that Henry Cavill and Ryan Reynolds may reprise their roles as the Man of Steel and Green Lantern.
Nothing has been said about the presence of Christian Bale as Batman, Warner Bros still needs a Batman, whether Batman’s alter-ego is Bruce Wayne or is a willing stand-in.